Home | About Norma | News & Media | Email Updates | The Ledger | Contact
10th District Telephone Town Hall!
Please join my seatmate, Rep. Dave Hayes, and me for a “telephone town hall” on Thursday, Jan. 22, at 6 p.m.
During the town hall you can ask questions, participate in surveys, and hear the latest on what's happening in Olympia.
Telephone town hall with Reps. Norma Smith and Dave Hayes
Thursday, Jan. 22, 6 – 7 p.m.
Call: (425) 249-0219
(During the telephone town hall you can press the STAR key * if you wish to ask a question.)
It is such an honor and a privilege to be serving you in the state Legislature as we begin the 2015 session.
We have much important work to do this year. Education, the state budget, energy and the environment, and job opportunities for Washingtonians are among our top priorities.
Response to governor's State of the State
On Jan. 13, I was honored to be chosen to deliver the response to Gov. Jay Inslee's annual State of the State speech.
You can watch the response by clicking here. Follow this link to read the transcript.
The issues ahead
As the session progresses, I will keep you updated on the issues and legislation we consider. Key issues will include:
- State Budget: With $3 billion more in revenues since the last budget cycle, we are in good shape to forge a budget that provides for essential services, including for the most vulnerable, and that lives within our means.
- K-12 Education: We must fulfill our constitutional duty to provide for the education of all our state's children. This session will see us building on the gains of the last two years, working collaboratively to build a better school system for every student.
- Energy and the Environment: Washington state is a leader in environmental stewardship. My colleagues and I are working on developing innovative policies, and we will share updates as we progress.
- Job opportunities: The foundation of a strong, vibrant economy is good, middle-class jobs, particularly in the production sector, where we manufacture, build, grow and process goods. I am strongly committed to policies that provide more opportunities for the middle class and those who are struggling, so that they too can contribute to and benefit from a robust economy.
Please stay in touch
Please feel free to contact me with your questions, concerns and ideas. Should you wish to schedule a meeting, do contact my office. All of my contact information is at the bottom of this email. I am here to serve you. Thank you.
435 John L. O'Brien Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7884 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000